December 13, 2021
Daily Reading: I Thessalonians 1-5
I Thessalonians 5:28
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
Nowhere in Scripture is there such a concise overview of the way a believer in Jesus Christ should live their life than in the last chapter of I Thessalonians. In that chapter from verse eleven through twenty-two there are nineteen simple, straightforward commands for Christian living.
1. Comfort yourselves together
2. Edify one another
3. Know your spiritual leaders
4. Esteem your spiritual leaders
5. Be at peace among yourselves
6. Warn the unruly
7. Comfort the feeble minded
8. Support the weak
9. Be patient to all
10. Do not render evil for evil
11. Follow that which is good
12. Rejoice evermore
13. Pray without ceasing
14. Give thanks in everything
15. Quench not the Spirit
16. Despise not prophesying
17. Prove all things
18. Hold fast that which is good
19. Abstain from all appearance of evil
One day, this life will be over. All that will matter then is the grace of God. His grace in you and His grace through you. For none can do the things on this list absent of the grace of the Lord God.
Therefore, may The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen
Because of His grace, until tomorrow, live for Christ today.